Highlights from the Sept. 30 School Board meeting include:
- The Board adopted School Board Policy J-13 Physical Interventions for Students in Crisis. Additional details on the policy are here.
- Staff provided an update on mathematics.
The School Board also discussed the following items:
- Internal Audit Plan
- School Board FY 2023 Budget Direction
- The Heights Phase 2 Architecture/Engineering Services
- Second Amendment to the Lease Agreement with Highland Holdings, LLC for Parking
Details on all of these items are available on BoardDocs.Appointments:
- The School Board appointed Dashan Turner as the new Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources. Dr. Turner is currently the Superintendent of Colonial Beach Public Schools. His appointment begins Nov. 1.
- Kenneth Golski was named Assistant Division Council. He is currently with the Golski Law Group and his appointment begins Oct. 4.
- Carmen Mejia was named Deputy Clerk of the Board. She is currently the educational administrative coordinator at W-L and her appointment begins Oct. 18.
Next School Board Meeting:
The School Board will hold its next regular meeting (2110 Washington Blvd.) on Thu., Oct. 14 at 7 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
Masks are required in Board Meetings until further notice.
For More Information:
Community members who want to comment on any items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-6015.School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon Fios Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes will be posted to the website at aps2016.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.