Accommodations for Parents/Guardians to Assist in Child’s Education

Parents/guardians may request an accommodation to assist in supporting your child’s education. This can be completed via email, phone, or in-person at your child’s school. Please reach out to your child’s teacher, Principal, Assistant Principal, or counselor.  Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:

    • Access to an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter or translator;
    • Meeting in a location close to the front of the building;
    • Access to closed captioning;
    • Access to enlarged fonts for school forms or when documents are not electronic;
    • On-line platforms, and/or documents, accessible by screen reader technology.

APS staff will collect and review the request, and arrange for an accommodation.