3-Day Educational Program
- Monday – Wednesday, 8:45-3:45
- Location: Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Boulevard
- Bring a bag lunch – Food will not be provided
- Wednesday evening of the teen program, 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturday morning immediately following teen program, 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Parent/Guardian Session Topics:
- Reviewing the effects of alcohol on adolescent brain development.
- Recognizing signs and symptoms of substance use.
- Communicating effectively and setting clear limits and expectations.
3-Hour Booster Session:
Students and their Parent/Guardian MUST attend this session together. It is scheduled on a Monday evening approximately 6 weeks after completion of the Student Workshop and Parent/Guardian Sessions. A light dinner will be provided.
Booster Session for Students and Parents/Guardians:
Location: Stambaugh Human Services Center
2100 Washington Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
3-Hour Booster Session topics for Students and Parents/Guardians:
- Reviewing the action plan.
- Identifying and evaluating changes.
- Discussing barriers to positive change and identifying strategies for overcoming them.
Program Completion Requirements
- Student must attend the entire 3-day program and booster session
- Parent/guardian must attend the parent program and booster session
- Referral sources (school, court, parent) will be notified upon successful/unsuccessful completion of program for appropriate action
Absence from school
- Participation in the program is an excused absence
- Students and parents/guardians are responsible for notifying schools and students for making up missed school work