Athletics and music are big part of the student experience and we all know how hard it has been to have extracurricular activities such as athletics and band canceled due to the pandemic. Exercise is essential to the physical and social-emotional well-being of students.
While we are not yet ready to return to competition, we are at a point where we can begin conditioning activities under Phase II/III beginning the week of June 29. Since stay-at-home measures were put in place, many students have been less active and deconditioned. The purpose of these sessions is to work on agility and conditioning.
Thoughtful activity planning is critical to ensure all participants, including students, coaches, and staff remain healthy and safe. Staff have been trained in new protocols and screening to keep themselves and students safe.
Workouts are for Fall VHSL sports and band only. The following measures have been put in place to ensure safety.
Procedures have been established for students before entering the practice field.
General Requirements for Participation:
- Physicals are not required for Phase II conditioning/yellow day activities.
- Cloth face coverings are required and to be worn any time social distancing cannot be maintained; if participants are at least 10 feet apart, no mask required.
- No use of indoor facilities except for weather emergencies and bathrooms.
- No use of shared equipment; athletes may bring their own jump rope.
- Students MUST provide their own water and container.
Additional information will be communicated by coaches.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your school’s director of student activities.