Dear APS Families,
I hope you had a great summer break filled with fun and relaxation! We look forward to welcoming our students to the 2022-23 school year in a few short days on Mon, August 29.
View my welcome back video message to preview what’s new for 2022-23, including our theme—Every Student Counts. Throughout the year, we look forward to highlighting the resources and support systems in place to ensure every student has what they need to succeed, based on their strengths and needs. Here is important information to help students and families prepare for the new school year:
- Back-to-School Resources: View our Back-to-School information and flyer. Remember that some school schedules have changed, so view the full list of schedules online.
- Visit Us at the Arlington County Fair: APS will be at the Arlington County Fair this weekend, Aug. 19-21. Visit our booth to meet staff and learn about the upcoming school year. I will be there on Friday evening and hope to see you there!
- Bus Schedules Now Available: Bus information for the new school year is now posted in ParentVUE under the student information tab. View information about the new service, WherestheBus, which allows APS bus-eligible families to track their student’s buses in real-time.
- COVID Protocols: APS continues to adapt our COVID health and safety measures to align with the guidance from the CDC and VDH. Updates will be provided during this Thursday’s School Board meeting and communicated on Friday and in my Wed, Aug. 24 update.
- Meal Prices—Apply for Free or Reduced-Price Meals: View updated information about meal prices for this school year. I encourage families who may qualify for free or reduced-price meals to apply for meal benefits. Applications are available in ParentVUE, on the APS Food Services Webpage or online at myschoolapps.com.
This school year I will continue to send my weekly updates every Wednesday, highlighting important news and information about division-wide priorities. Additionally, information and resources for the new school year are posted on our website and updated regularly.
I hope you enjoy the final days of summer break!
Dr. Francisco Durán
Arlington Public Schools