While the School Board is moving to virtual meetings through the emergency closure, the Board is still working on virtual public comments abilities. Therefore, the public hearing on Tue, May 5 will be in person and will follow social distancing guidelines. While the Board encourages the public to submit their comments electronically, please see below for in-person sign up details as well as information for electronic submission of public comments.
Meetings are available for viewing live on the APS website and broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41.
Sign Up to Speak
The May 5 Public Hearing will take place at 7 p.m. and speakers will be assigned time slots. Speakers can sign up online or by calling the School Board office at 703-228-6015. Electronic or phone sign-ups will be accepted up to 4 p.m. on the Tue, May 5.
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE OR PREFER NOT TO ATTEND THE PUBLIC HEARING IN PERSON, you may submit your comments in one of the following ways:
- Use the form at https://aps2016.apsva.us/submit-your-comment-for-public-hearing-on-the-school-board-proposed-fy-2021-budget/ to submit your Public Hearing comments.
- Leave a voicemail message at 703-228-6105 with your name, phone number and comments. Be sure to state that you would like these comments entered into the public hearing record. Your comments will be transcribed and shared with the Board.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Proposed 2021 Public Hearing comments”
- Comments submitted through any of the ways above will be added to the Public Hearing record and are subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act.
- All Public Hearing comments received via email or through the online form received by 4 p.m. will be made available to the Board prior to the Public Hearing.
We encourage you to share your thoughts and comments with the School Board by email at School.Board@apsva.us. We ask that you minimize messages to individual board members, as they will be focused on communications about maintaining safe operations during the pandemic. The Board Office staff is teleworking and will be monitoring the School Board email account during normal business hours. Board members will receive regular reports of emails received and will have ready access to view all messages received.We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.