School Board Member Reid Goldstein will host virtual Open Office Hours on Mon, March 22 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Open Office Hours will be utilized as a forum for Board members to listen to comments and concerns. Each Board member will share what they heard during Open Office Hours with the entire Board and the Superintendent. Mr. Goldstein will hold an “Open Meeting” using Microsoft Teams. However, in order to participate, individuals must sign up ahead of time using the Sign Up Genius link below. The sign-up link will be available until 3 p.m. on March 22. This is the process the Board will follow for Open Office Hours moving forward.
Before Open Office Hours:
- To participate in Open Office Hours on March 22 you must sign up using the Sign Up Genius link (removed at 3:03 PM on March 22)
- There are 55 slots to accommodate participants during the Open Office Hours timeframe
- The order of the Sign Up Genius slots is not correlated to the order in which you will be called to speak
- Staff will send an invitation for a Microsoft Teams meeting two hours before the meeting
- For assistance using Microsoft Teams, visit https://aps2016.apsva.us/digital-learning/digital-learning-device-help/teams/
During Open Office Hours:
- Participants will be called on to share their comments on a first-come, first-served basis; meaning in the order in which they log in to the meeting
- Only the people who pre-register using the Sign Up Genius link above will have the opportunity to speak
- Please do not share the Teams meeting link to avoid confusion
- Participants will have 2 minutes to address the Board member
- Using the “raise hand” feature will not move up participants in the queue
- Participants are expected to be courteous and respectful of others’ views and time. If any participant is disruptive, it may be necessary to remove them from the meeting.
- The chat feature will be turned off
- The meeting will end once the last registered speaker online has had a chance to address the Board member.
After Open Office Hours:
- Participants are welcome to share their comments in writing by sending them to email@example.com. A copy of remarks will be distributed to all Board members.
If a community member prefers a private conversation with Mr. Goldstein regarding a confidential matter, please call 703-228-6015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, phone number, and reference Open Office Hours. The School Board Office staff will help to schedule a meeting.