The School Board made several appointments during its meeting last night. Those appointments included:
- Carolyn Clark as the Interim Supervisor of the Office of Minority Achievement
- Meghan Neary was appointed Assistant Principal at Ashlawn Elementary School
- Melinda Phillips was named Assistant Principal at Carlin Springs Elementary School
- Enis Al Majeed was appointed Interim Assistant Principal at Oakridge Elementary School; and
- Julie Cantor was named IB Coordinator as Washington-Lee High School
The Board discussed the following items during the meeting.
- Purchase of Property on N. Culpeper St. – Staff proposed purchasing the single family home located at 1721 N. Culpeper Street for the purpose of providing an additional emergency ingress/egress to Glebe Elementary School.
- Parking License Agreement for Fleet Elementary – The Board discussed a Parking License Agreement with Faith Lutheran Church for access to and partial use of 10 parking spaces for Thomas Jefferson Middle School staff during construction of Alice West Fleet Elementary School.
- New School Board Policy – Electronic Participation in Meetings by Individual Members – The Board will consider the proposed new School Board Policy on electronic participation in meetings by individual Board members.
More information on these items can be found online on BoardDocs.
Next School Board Meeting:
The next School Board meeting will be held on Thu, Aug. 17 at 6:30 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
For More Information
Citizens who want to comment on any of the items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at email@example.com or call 703-228-6015. Citizens may call 703-228-2400 on the Monday after the School Board meetings to listen to a meeting summary. School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FiOS Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes of the meeting will be posted to the website at aps2016.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.