At its June 22 meeting, the Arlington School Board appointed Gina Miller as Principal of Arlington Science Focus Elementary School.
🎓 Graduate of Yorktown High School
🐶 Loves to spend time with her family members, friends and her Beagle mix Gingersnap.
- Received an undergraduate degree in History from LaSalle University in Philadelphia.
- Received a master’s degree in education from Marymount University.
- Worked as an English Language teacher for 12 years at Mount Vernon Community School in Alexandria.
- Received an endorsement in Administration and Supervision from the University of Virginia while teaching.
- After teaching in Alexandria, she moved to Arlington Public Schools where she was the lead ESOL/HILT teacher and testing coordinator at Key School.
- After three years in that role, she joined the McKinley Elementary School family as the assistant principal.
During her time in leadership at McKinley, she supported the learning of over 800 students. Ms. Miller prioritized meeting the families of students with disabilities and learning about the strengths of the community. She was a part of the move and Chair of the division-wide naming committee to Cardinal Elementary School.
Ms. Miller is a strong believer that mentorship is the cornerstone of Education. She looks forward to all opportunities where she can provide a warm and welcoming environment for students, parents and staff.
⏰ Her appointment begins July 1.