February 28, 2022
Good evening! There is still time to register for tomorrow’s No More Late Nights: Overcoming Procrastination virtual presentation by Ann Dolin at 7pm on Tuesday, March 1st. Arlington SEPTA will hold its next meeting on March 10th, and the Parent Resource Center’s next Lunch and Learn on March 23rd will feature a session on a new and important topic – Co-regulation – presented by Christine Katcher, MSW, LCSW. Details on these sessions can be found in our events section below. Have a great week.
Arlington’s Special Education PTA (Arlington SEPTA) is now welcoming nominations for its annual Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards. Nominations must be received by midnight, April 1st, 2022. All nominees will be recognized for their participation, and winners will be announced by May 10, 2022 at an awards ceremony.
- You do not need to be a member of SEPTA to submit a nomination.
- You may submit multiple nominations for the different categories.
- Write a Nominating Statement of 500 words or less.
- Nominating Statements are provided to award recipients and will be shared in part or in their entirety at the awards event.
- Information about nominators is not shared with award recipients.
To learn more about each award and submit your nominations, visit: https://www.arlingtonsepta.org/programs/excellence-awards/
Many thanks to:
- Our La Sopa de la Abuela facilitators: Monica Lozano Caldera, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Coordinator at the Arlington Career Center; Dr. Isabel Messmore, Family and Community Engagement Specialist; and the PRC’s Emma Parral Sanchez, Administrative Assistant. Monica, Isabel and Emma piloted our first five-week parent series, designed to support family engagement in the special education process; and
- School Psychologists and Section 504 Coordinators Jenny Lambdin and Karen Reich, who provided a very informative and helpful Lunch and Learn session on Section 504 earlier today.
Please visit our Events page at aps2016.apsva.us/prc-events for updates on upcoming events.