Highlights from the Oct. 14 School Board meeting include:
- Staff provided an update on the Virtual Learning Program
- Staff presented and update on student rights and discipline
- School Board direction on the Superintendent’s proposed FY 2023-32 Capital Improvement Plan
The School Board approved the following items:
- The Amazon Think Big Space at Wakefield High School
- The Internal Audit Plan
- School Board’s FY 2023 Budget Direction
- The Heights Building Phase 2 Architecture/Engineering Services
- Danielle Harrell, Ed.S – Appointed Principal of the Virtual Learning Program
- Richard Straggas – Named Director of Finance
Next School Board Meeting:
The School Board will hold its next regular meeting (2110 Washington Blvd.) on Thu., Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
Masks are required in Board Meetings until further notice.
For More Information:
Community members who want to comment on any items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-6015.School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon Fios Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes will be posted to the website at aps2016.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.