Sept. 9, 2016 — In this week’s episode of Historical Markers, Superintendent Dr. Pat Murphy takes views to Arlington’s Chain Bridge. The Chain Bridge originally opened in 1797 and was built by the Georgetown-Potomac Bridge Company. The bridge carries 22,000 cars daily.
Watch this short video about the bridge and use #APSHistoricalMarkers to respond to and ask questions about its history. The Historical Markers video series, produced by APS, highlights just a few of the more than 80 historical markers highlighting important sites in Arlington’s past to engage students in learning about local history. For more information about the videos, visit https://aps2016.apsva.us/aetv/historical-markers-video-series.