The Ball-Seller House is the original home of John Ball, who in 1742 became one of the first settlers in the area. A portion of the house that is still standing was built by John Ball in the 1700s. In 1975, Mrs. Marian Sellers donated the house to the Arlington Historical Society and today it is a museum that people can visit to learn about Arlington in the past. In the fall of 2016, an archaeological dig was held on the grounds of this house to learn more about life there in the past.
Watch this short video about the Ball-Sellers House and use #APSHistoricalMarkers to respond to and ask questions about their history. The Historical Markers video series, produced by APS, highlights just a few of the more than 80 historical markers highlighting important sites in Arlington’s past to engage students in learning about local history.
For more information about the videos, visit http://aps2016.apsva.us/aetv/historical-markers-video-series.