Extended Day registration for Summer School and the 2017-18 school year begins April 1, 2017 at 3 pm. Registration can be conducted online from any location. The Extended Day Office (2110 Washington Blvd.) will be open from 2 – 6 p.m. for those needing assistance with their account (beginning at 2 p.m.) or registration (beginning at 3 p.m.).
Families that were able to submit registration information on March 1st, must register again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Registration continues after April 1st and is on-going. However, students are enrolled on a first come, first served basis and some programs reach capacity. Thus, we encourage registration as soon as possible to avoid possibly being placed on a waitlist.
Before April 1st:
To expedite the registration process, we encourage existing Extended Day Families to log on to their Family Account prior to April 1st to update their personal information. After updating your information, click Registration at the top of the page. If you do not have all the required information for each student, a warning box will appear letting you know what information is missing. Please e-mail email@example.com or call our office at 703-228-6069 if you need assistance.
Registration can be completed and submitted online at:
- Returning Extended Day Families: https://apsfamily.schoolcareworks.com
- New Families: https://aps.schoolcareworks.com/reg_aps/start_registration.jsp
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Some programs fill up, so please register as soon as possible.
- Registration must be conducted annually.
- Summer School Extended Day services are only available for students who are enrolled in an APS Elementary Summer School program.
- Students new to APS, may not yet have a Student ID number. In this case, please enter the student’s first and last name where the Student ID number is requested.
- Parents can register for Extended Day services before you are approved for a County-wide school placement by indicating the school you wish your student to attend. Subsequently, we can transfer your Extended Day registration, if necessary.
- Students must be four years old by September 30th (for Summer School students must be 5 years old by September 30th)
- Parents/guardians must be working, in school or incapacitated.
- Current Extended Day Family Accounts must have a $0 balance prior to students being enrolled.
- The annual registration fee is $40 for one student; $30 for each additional student.
- Extended Day fees are on a sliding scale based on a family’s gross annual household income.
- Extended Day fees for summer and the upcoming school year will be posted after the School Board approves the FY 2018 Budget.