The deadline to apply for an elementary option school or the primary Montessori program has been extended to Monday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some families were not able to apply by the original application deadline, so the deadline has been extended to allow families additional time to apply. Families are currently able to submit an application online through the online application portal.
As a reminder, families currently on waitlists will need to apply for the option schools or programs they are interested in every year to be included in the lottery because waitlists reset annually after the lottery occurs.
The following is the elementary option schools and primary Montessori application process timeline:
- April 20, 2020 at 8 a.m.: The application for all elementary option schools and primary Montessori reopened.
- April 27, 2020 at 4 p.m.: The application for all elementary option schools and primary Montessori closes.
- May 6, 2020: Lotteries for all elementary option schools and primary Montessori will be held online.
- May 13, 2020: Families will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the waitlists for all elementary option schools and primary Montessori.
- May 22, 2020: Families must confirm or decline attendance to an elementary option school or primary Montessori.
The lotteries for elementary option schools and primary Montessori will be conducted online since APS offices are closed. The link to view the lotteries live online will be shared with families a few days before the lottery. Families will not receive lottery results on the day of the lottery and will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the waitlist by email and/or text message on May 13.
After families are notified of their acceptance, they must confirm or decline attendance to their preferred school or program by May 22 through their SchoolMint account. In the past when families would accept a slot at an elementary option school, they would also have to visit the school to register their child. Families are currently unable to register students in-person at this time, so information will be shared at a later date on how to register new APS students for the 2020-21 school year.
For additional information or questions, please email the APS Welcome Center at email@example.com.