Dear APS Families:
Our athletic events are opportunities for students, families, staff and community members to support our student-athletes and cheer them on. As a school division, we take great pride in our school spirit and encourage student and fan participation. We also expect our students and fans to use sound judgment and demonstrate appropriate behavior that presents a positive viewing experience.
As we continue our focus on safety, APS is taking precautions to ensure that all spectators have a safe, enjoyable experience at all high school athletic events. Moving forward, the following rules will be enforced at all APS high school athletic events:
- Any student 8th grade or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian/caregiver for admission to any Arlington high school sporting event. The adult accompanying the student or a group of students needs to be in attendance as a point of contact for the duration of the event. This allows APS staff to respond appropriately if issues arise among younger students who are unfamiliar to high school staff, and can help ensure a safe environment for students and families who are there to enjoy the game.
- Students are not allowed to bring bags or backpacks.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed.
- Only high school students from the home team or the visiting team are permitted to attend the game without a parent or guardian. Students who attend an APS high school program may attend if their home school team is playing (ID required).
- Students attending athletic events must bring valid student identification with them to show high school staff upon entering an athletic venue.
We also encourage parents/guardians to talk to their children about practicing good sportsmanship and respectful behavior as a fan and spectator at our sporting events. If you have any questions, please contact a Director of Student Activities (DSA) at Wakefield, Washington-Liberty or Yorktown high schools.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy a positive experience at any of our Arlington high school events.