APS Transportation Services is making final preparations for the 2022-23 school year. Here are important updates regarding transportation services and what to expect on the school bus when school starts on August 29.
Bus Routes now available
- Final bus schedules are now posted in ParentVUE as of Tuesday August 16.
- Schedules are located in the Student Information Tab in ParentVUE, under Instructional Choice. Under Instructional Choice, scroll down to pick-up and drop-off information. Click here for details on how to access ParentVUE. A School Talk will be sent next week to notify families when the schedules are available.
- To check your student’s eligibility for bus transportation, please view our bus eligibility zones and maps online. If you have additional questions about eligibility, please call the transportation call center for assistance.
What to Expect on the School Bus
- APS will operate with normal bus capacity and follow normal procedures.
- Plan to arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes early and stay 10 minutes after the planned pickup time. Thank you for your patience during the first week as drivers adjust to the routes.
NEW “Where’s The Bus” Application
View information about the new service, WheresTheBus, which allows our APS bus-eligible families to track their student’s buses in real-time.
Hub Stops for Option Schools
As a reminder, APS uses hub stops for option schools to shorten trips to and from school and improve efficiency and reliability. Read more about hub stops.
Free Ride Benefit for APS Students on ART buses
The Arlington County Transit Bureau has made all travel for APS students on ART buses free with a registered iRide SmarTrip card. Students with existing iRide SmarTrip cards will automatically receive the free ride benefit and do not need to perform any additional requirements. If a student would like the option to participate in the free ride benefit program but does not have an iRide SmarTrip card, they will need to contact the Student Transportation Coordinator (STC) located onsite at their school site or visit a Commuter Service Store.
Stay Safe Out There!
Watch this video message from APS and the Arlington County Police Department with safety reminders for drivers and the community as students head back to school and there are more vehicles on the road and more pedestrians in the crosswalks.
Transportation Call Center
For questions, contact the call center at 703-228-8000, press option 1. Call center hours are 6 a.m.- 4 p.m. on weekdays now through Aug. 26. Starting Aug. 29, call center hours will be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Families can also contact Transportation by email at email@example.com.Transportation Services is committed to providing safe, reliable bus service to all eligible students in the upcoming school year. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we return to school, starting Mon, Aug. 29.