How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch In iOS 11 or later, and iPadOS, you can create a screen recording and capture sound on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Record your screen
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording to move this option up to Included Controls.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on double circle record icon and tap Microphone to turn on and off.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- To stop recording tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop or swipe down from the top right to Open Control Center and tap the double circle icon (now red) to stop.
Go to the Photos app and select your screen recording.Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can’t record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time.Learn more
Learn how to take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.