To charge your device, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to the USB cable that comes with it. For a third-party accessory, check that it’s Apple certified.
- Plug into one of these three power sources:
|Plug your USB charging cable into a USB power adapter, then plug the adapter into the wall.
|Plug your charging cable into a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on a computer that’s on and not in sleep mode. Don’t use the USB ports on your keyboard.
|Plug your cable into a powered USB hub, docking station, or other Apple-certified accessory.
If an alert says that your accessory isn’t supported or certified
These alerts can appear for a few reasons:
- Your iPad might have a dirty or damaged charging port
- Your iPad needs more power from your power adapter or other power source
- Your charging accessory is defective, damaged, or not certified by Apple
- Your USB charger isn’t designed to charge iPad
These instructions were adapted from this website: https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-do-ipad-wont-charge-1994539 and https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211203