Rajesh Adusumilli, Director of Enterprise Solutions
The Information Services office is responsible for the planning, design and support of Arlington Public Schoolsâ€™ data and business systems.This unit has major responsibility for ensuring that the APS staff and community have access to accurate data in order to support Instructional and business decisions.The work involves a wide range of interactions with the schools system and county government, software vendors and consultants.
Services provided include:
- Operational over site of APSâ€™ ERP system (STARS)
- Operational over site of APSâ€™ Student Information System (eSchoolPlus)
- Custom reporting including reports to the state, school board, schools and departments.
- A custom application development environment (APSnet) which includes the elementary grade reporting tool (eGrade), Extended Day accounts receivable system and an interactive web based telephone directory.
- Meeting the diverse data needs of Arlington Public Schools
FY 2008 Priorities
- Complete Phases IV of the STARS initiative.
- Provide leadership in the selection of the next generation gradebook.
- Improve data reporting from the STARS system by implementing Noetix.
- Commence development of a Data Warehouse.
- Improve data reporting from the eSchoolPlus system by developing a web based reporting tool to supplement existing reporting functionality.