STARS is now accessed through MyAccess@APS, see below for more information.
Information Services is transitioning STARS to MyAccess@APS for login.
When is it happening?
The transition will begin Friday, April 26, 2019, at 5:00 pm and continues through Monday, April 29, 2019, at 5:00 am.
How will this impact Staff?
STARS will be unavailable beginning Friday, April 26 through Monday, April 29, 2019. Starting on Monday, all staff will log into STARS in a different way. You will use MyAccess@APS to log into STARS.
- If you don’t have an APS email address, then this will be a significant change. Your supervisor has your username and password for MyAccess@APS. Once you are logged into MyAccess@APS you will see the STARS icon.
- If you are familiar with MyAccess@APS/OneLogin, then the process is easy. You will simply log into MyAccess @APS and click on the STARS icon
For users to access STARS, from outside of APS, after the transition, users need to set up their MyAccess@APS profile with a cell number.
What do staff need to do?
- Log into the MyAccess@APS system from inside the APS network (http://myaccess.apsva.us)
- Change your password if prompted
- Follow the prompts to set up your security questions (this will enable you to change your own password in the future!)
- Click on ‘Profile’ and enter your cell phone number (this is required so you can receive an access code to enter and then access applications from outside the APS network)
- Begin using the MyAccess@APS portal so you become familiar with this new page
Why is the change occurring?
- After the transition users will use the MyAccess@APS page to access STARS
- STARS will be available through single sign-on
- The security of the user’s personal information will be increased with the addition of Multi-Factor Authentication
The user will no longer be required to enter a separate username and password or use the desktop icon to gain access to STARS. Click the link below for information on transitioning from OneLogin to MyAccess.
- Transition from OneLogin to MyAccess
The links on Staff Central and the desktop will be updated with the new URL.If you need assistance, please contact the Service Support Center at email@example.com. When submitting a 2847 ticket write “STARS” in the subject line so the ticket will be routed to the appropriate staff.