General Studies Certificate and Course Advising

While it is possible to obtain a full year of college before leaving high school it requires planning and hard work.  The first step is to meet with your high school counselor and plan a course of study that meets the requirements identified in the document linked below (General Studies Certificate).

Dual enrollment provides students the opportunity to work toward NOVA’s One Year General Studies Certificate.  The General Studies Certificate was designed to mirror a freshman year in college. The certificate can be completed through a combination of AP, IB and DE classes.

General Studies Certificate

APS Program of Studies